Saturday, March 26, 2011

Swim hard or go home!




Today was Katherine's 1st swim meet swimming with GIST (Golden Isles Swim Team).  She had a fantastic meet!  She swam a 50 Freestyle, 25 Breast and a 50 Backstroke.  She placed 1st in her heat on the backstroke and was thrilled!! 

I realized during warm ups that I would not be able to take pictures of her during the meet.  If she sees me she cannot help but look up and smile and even wave at times. If this happened during an actual event it would not be good for her time. I know one day she will probably run and hide and deny knowing me if she sees me at the edge of the pool with a camera. I treasure the sweet innocense of youth.



Katherine (sitting on edge of pool on left) and her teammates.      



1 comment:

Woodard Gang said...

It looks like some pics my parents have of Mandy and I...we were about her age when we started swimming. Keep it up Kathryn!