Tuesday, March 22, 2011

40 Before 40

I turned 37 earlier this month. How is it that I have lived more years since high school, than I had when I graduated.  How is it that I have a child that will be entering high school later this year.  How is it that no one in my household sits in a car seat, drinks from a sippy cup or needs help going to the bathroom.  My 30's have nearly passed me by.  I have made a list of a "few" things I would like to accomplish over the next couple of years.  These are things that appeal to me right now, and they may change over the next couple of years.  It's a starting point to being more intentional about how I want to live my life and some things I want to accomplish! 

  1. Read the Bible all the way through!
  2. Travel with Jim to Italy.
  3. Take a one on one trip with Jake, Katherine and Lauren.
  4. Keep a journal.
  5. Do something that scares me.
  6. Get a bike.
  7. Run a 5K.
  8. Make entries in my blog at least twice per month.
  9. Finish Jake's scrapbook.
  10. Run a 10K.
  11. Go to my 20 year class reunion.
  12. Take a photography class.
  13. Wear my bikini (maybe at a beach where I won't know anyoneJ)
  14. Travel as a family to the Grand Canyon.
  15. Go on a mission trip.
  16. Have people over for dinner.
  17. Get more involved in our town.
  18. Host a craft day for my girlfriends.
  19. Have a birthday party for myself.
  20. Run a ½ marathon.
  21. Send handwritten notes to family and friends.
  22. Get Katherine's memory book started.
  23. Get Lauren's memory book started.
  24. Get pictures from computer to disks.
  25. Make photo books of pictures.
  26. Paint a canvas for our house.
  27. Call my grandparents more often.
  28. Call my brother more often.
  29. Finish landscaping our yard.
  30. Go on a girlfriend's weekend.
  31. Take the kids to the Okefenokee Swamp.
  32. Tube down the Ichetucknee River with the family.
  33. Give a monthly surprise gift to someone.
  34. Give up soft drinks….oh this one will be hard.
  35. Teach Jake, Katherine and Lauren each to make a meal.
  36. Grow tomatoes.
  37. Become a volunteer for an organization.
  38. Take an art class.
  39. Read 40 books
  40. Make a list of 50 before 50!!

1 comment:

Woodard Gang said...

Hey! I've haven't been on in a few weeks and I was so excited to see all your posts...you go girl! LOVE that you made that list...it's so hard to believe that we are now "middle aged"!!